Welcome to Rail and Bus for Herefordshire
Rail & Bus for Herefordshire (RBfH) was formed over two decades ago as Rail for Herefordshire. The bus service element was added in 2012 as a response to impending cuts to local bus services. RBfH considers that both rail and bus services are vital to the future of public transport in Herefordshire and are an important and integral part of the economic and social development of the County.
The principal aims of RBfH are:
- To promote the interests of passengers using rail and bus services within Herefordshire and between Herefordshire and regional/national destinations.
- To actively assist in the promotion and development of public transport services and associated infrastructure such as rail and bus stations.
- To develop a cooperative relationship with train operating companies and Network Rail, Herefordshire Council, Members of Parliament, parish councils and other rail user organisations.
Our work and Campaigns
RBfH is actively involved in:
- The current consultation process for the award of new franchises for a. Wales & the Borders (as a member of the Marches Rail Users Alliance); b. the West Midlands and c. the Great Western.
- The development of a transport hub at Hereford Barrs Court station; improvements to stations at Leominster (in association with Leominster Rail Group) and Ledbury (as part of a Ledbury Local Transport Plan).
- County wide publicity campaigns to save rural bus services.
- Assistance to local bus service groups and parishes with timetable publicity.
- Development of future public transport in Herefordshire as part of Herefordshire Council’s Local Transport Plan and County Core Strategy Plan.
Become a RBfH member
Join Rail & Bus for Herefordshire and help protect and secure the development of our rail and bus services.
Read the latest Newsletter
Our Newsletter is published quarterly and is available in PDF format via this website or as hard copy from the chairman and newsletter editor.
Latest News from RBfH
See some of our top stories and stay up to date with Rail & Bus for Herefordshire.
New attractive art displays promoting Ledbury’s Heritage now greet passengers at Ledbury Railway Station. The displays, in three sections, give a history of Ledbury’s heritage buildings in original calligraphic script, original artwork of the buildings surrounding a...
You can download the complete PDF document here. Download Document
Find out more about Rail & Bus for Herefordshire and how we help protect and secure the development of our rail and bus services.
Do you have a question for RBfH? Please get in touch with us!